- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
This is a simple and yet very healthy dal.
1 cup whole moong dal
3 cups spinach/Palak, washed and chopped
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 green chilies, chopped
1 inch ginger, grated
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
a pinch of turmeric
1/2 cup curds/plain yogurt
juice of 1/2 lime (or as required)
salt to taste
- Soak the dal in water for about 1 hour.
- Add the dal, spinach, onion, garlic, ginger, green chili and salt in a pressure cooker. Add about 3 cups of water.
- Cook the dal in the pressure cooker till soft and tender. About 4 whistles.
- Let the steam out naturally.
- Boil the dal to required consistency, add more water if required.
- Beat the curds well and add to the dal.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, once the oil is heat turn of the heat add the coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric and immediately add to the dal.
- Mix the dal well, check seasoning and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with roti, Phulka, chapati.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List