- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
Love Rajma chawara anytime, this is the way mamma cooked it and now I cook it. The ground masala is versatile and anything can be added, chickpeas, any assortment of vegetables taste great too. We have also tried this masala with chicken and its lovely.
1 cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
handful curry leaves
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
a pinch turmeric
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
lime juice as per taste
To be ground to a paste
1 onion, chopped and fried till golden brown
1 onion, chopped
1 large tomato
1/4 cup curds/yogurt
4 garlic pods
1 inch ginger
2 green chilies
2 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
few mint leaves
5 whole black pepper corns
2 green cardamom
1 inch Cinnamon sticks
1 tsp cumin seeds
- Soak rajma in about 4 cups of water overnight, or 12 hours.
- Discard the water and cook them in a pressure cook, till tender. (Add salt along with the water while boiling the rajma).
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai, add the curry leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook for 1 minute on low.
- Add the ground paste and cook on medium till the oil separates.
- Add the cooked rajma along with the water and give it a boil.
- Add water as per the consistency required.
- Add garam masala powder, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Check seasoning. Add lime juice. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with cooked plain rice.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List