- ► 2009 (31)
- Rabri Falooda
- Daring Bakers November 2008 - Caramel Cake
- Masala Idli
- Capsicum Bhaajji/ Dry Capsicum Curry
- Egg Muffins
- Corn Salad
- Atte Ja Ladoo / Wheat Flour Ladoo
- Masala Bread For a Good Cause
- Aloo Gobi ki Tehari
- Masoor Dal
- Vegetable Cutlets
- Vegetable Soup
- Karao / Wheat Flour Halwa
- Palak Roti / Spinach Roti
- Phool Tapasha / Lotus Seeds Curry
- Baked Veggie Squares
- Macaroni Salad
- Peach Crumble
- Gobi Parantha / Cauliflower Parantha
- Kaju Paneer / Cashew Paneer
- Sindhi Pakoda/Vegetable Pakoda
- Pea Soup
- Mango Coconut laddu
- Earl Grey Tea Loaf
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Quick Mushroom Gravy
- Chappa - Potato Channa dal Pattice
- Honey Dijon Dressing
- ▼ November (30)
This is inspired by Neeta Mehta's Baked Cabbage Squares from Vegetarian Cooking. In the recipe grated cabbage is used, I just added other vegetables in there like carrots and sometimes beetroot. you can mix in what ever vegetable you feel like. We can call these baked pakodas since they are mixed with besan / gram flour and baked till crisp. They are great to make for a potluck or when you have someone over.
3 cups grated / chopped vegetables (This time I used grated cabbage and carrots)
1.5 cups gram flour/ besan
1.5 cups water
1 tsp ginger, grated
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup coconut, grated fresh, frozen or desiccated
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp jeera/cumin powder
1.5 tsp red chili powder
1.5 tsp salt or to taste
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Mix all the ingredients to make a thick paste, except sesame seeds.
- Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Pour the batter in the greased pan evenly. It should be about 3/4 inch thick layer.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in a 350 F pre-heated oven for 50 minutes till it turns brownish, or cook till a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- you can serve them at this stage at room temperature, or reheat it in the microwave oven and serve.
- For crispier squares, just before serving, place the squares in a greased baking sheet and broil for 5 to 10 minutes till crisp. Vary the time depending on how crisp you like it.
- Serve with chutney or Sauce
14th day of RM2
Check out what other members cooked today.