- ► 2009 (31)
- Rabri Falooda
- Daring Bakers November 2008 - Caramel Cake
- Masala Idli
- Capsicum Bhaajji/ Dry Capsicum Curry
- Egg Muffins
- Corn Salad
- Atte Ja Ladoo / Wheat Flour Ladoo
- Masala Bread For a Good Cause
- Aloo Gobi ki Tehari
- Masoor Dal
- Vegetable Cutlets
- Vegetable Soup
- Karao / Wheat Flour Halwa
- Palak Roti / Spinach Roti
- Phool Tapasha / Lotus Seeds Curry
- Baked Veggie Squares
- Macaroni Salad
- Peach Crumble
- Gobi Parantha / Cauliflower Parantha
- Kaju Paneer / Cashew Paneer
- Sindhi Pakoda/Vegetable Pakoda
- Pea Soup
- Mango Coconut laddu
- Earl Grey Tea Loaf
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Quick Mushroom Gravy
- Chappa - Potato Channa dal Pattice
- Honey Dijon Dressing
- ▼ November (30)
Chappa is very similar to aloo tikki with the difference that we have a channa dal stuffing. We serve this as a snack and use the same patties for ragda patties too. Mama made the dough and stuffing while I shaped them and fried them. We deep fried them and then before serving just heated them on the tawa. You can just shallow fry them, cook them on the tawa like aloo tikkis or just bake them.
2 cups boiled channa dhal
1 tbsp oil
1/2 inch ginger, minced
2 tsp green chillies finely chopped
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1/4 tsp aamchur or fresh lime
garam masala a pinch or more to your liking
salt to taste
- Heat oil.
- Add the ginger, green chilies and masalas and fry them slightly.
- Add the channa dhal and mash it lightly.
- Mix well. Adjust seasonings.
- Keep aside.
For the dough:
1/2 kg. potatoes(1 lb.)
4 slices bread
2 tsp.minced green chillies
2 tsp. chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp. mint leaves
1tsp.jeeri or jeera
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
- Soak the bread slices in water for 5 mins.squeeze out the water and crumble over potatoes.
- Add salt and herbs,jeeri and 1 tsp oil.
- Knead well to form a soft dough.
- Divide into 12 balls.
- Smooth the balls and your hands with little oil.
- Take one ball in your hand and flatten it into a circle with your hand.
- Place about 2 tsps of filling in the centre.
- Seal the edges of the potato dough and pat well with hand into a patty.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- If necessary,dip in egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry tikkis for a crisper top.
- Instead of channa dhal, you can stuff tikkis with 2 cups shelled,boiled peas(slightly mashed), or 2 cups cooked minced meat or chicken.
2nd day of the Marathon
Here are what other members cooked today.