Ever Since I saw Bhawana's Coconut Laddu's I wanted to try them. The Uma made these Apple Laddu's I was inspired. So looked into my pantry and found some mango pulp and then I decided to make Mango Coconut Laddu's for Diwali. They were really good with a subtle mango flavour. These are the easiest laddu's you can make and they are quick to make too. I could make about 22 laddu's using 2 cups of coconut.

Ingredients
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut, you can use fresh grated coconut too.
1/2 cup Sweetened Kesar infused mango pulp, you can use plain too I happened to have this.
3/4 cup Condensed milk, Add more if you want it sweeter.
2 tbsp broken almonds or cashews
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup or more shredded coconut for rolling.

Method


  1. Roast the coconut in a thick pan till the raw smell goes.
  2. Add the mango pulp and cook till it dries up.
  3. Add the condensed milk and cook till the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the pan.
  4. Mix the almonds and raisins.
  5. Remove from heat.
  6. Make small rounds while the mixture is warm, do not allow to cool.
  7. Roll them in extra coconut and keep aside.
  8. Cool and store in airtight container.


6th day of RM2

Check out what other members cooked today.

  1. DK
  2. Siri
  3. Srivalli
  4. Ranji
  5. PJ
  6. Curry Leaf
  7. Priya
  8. Bhawana
  9. Raaji
  10. Ruchii
  11. Anu
  12. Kamala
  13. Roopa
  14. Divya Kudua
  15. Rekha
  16. Divya M
  17. Lakshmi
  18. Raaga
  19. Lakshmi Venkatesh
  20. Sripriya
  21. Viji
  22. Kamalika
  23. Pavani

25 comments:

Unknown said...

wow... looks perfect... thxs for sharing... nice click,,,..

Finla said...

I would love to have few of those delicious ladoos with my coffee at the moment

Divya Kudua said...

Mango coconut laddo..what a great combo..laddoss look delicious!!

Kitchen Chronicles said...

Tempting Mango Coconut Laddu. Never had a coconut laddoo with a fruit. would surely like to try it.

SMN said...

Those ladoos r looking so pretty must hv tated nice.

CurryLeaf said...

First time I am hearing these fruity coco laddus.Look so tempting and happy to know that they are a bit easier compared to traditional ones.Lovely

Priya Suresh said...

oh my god...U r tempting me a lot with these delicious mango, coconut laddu..Medha love ur creativity..

lakshmi said...

the last time i made laddus, i thought my arm came off my body - seriously all the fisting and fisting and fisting to make the round balls :D - i had made so much of the mix and was so slow that most of mix turned too cool to fist with ease :D

ST said...

I am drooling over ladoos medhaa: ) Looks divine...Wanted to eat all now only...

Vaidehi Bhave said...

lovely pic... nice recipe

chakali

Bhawana said...

these laddu are giving such a tempting and mouthwatering look :). I love the color. a nice idea of adding mango.

Unknown said...

Mango flavoured ladoos, give me some. Looks absoutly yummy.

kamala said...

Nice laddus Medha..Send me some!!!

Unknown said...

Seeing a lot of unique laddoos around! this is innovative indeed!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

First time i heard this laddu ... lovely..

Uma said...

Wow, these laddus look pretty and delicious indeed. nice idea to use mango pulp for laddus. Thanks for liking my version.

Kalai said...

Mango and coconut are perfect together! Ladoos look perfect! :)

raaji said...

ladoo look like they are waiting for me to grab them........:)

Anonymous said...

those look absolutely AWESOME Medha! and the recipe looks real easy too..will try this sometime:)

DK said...

Mama mia! mango and coconut! I gotto try this one. Bookmarked ! :)

Vibaas said...

Looks delicious Medhaa. How can one resist mango flavour? :)

Unknown said...

wow i can imagine how wonderful the flavors of mango and coconut must have come out from the laddoo :) pics are very tempting:)

Unknown said...

mango coconut ladoo intresting yaar looks so yummy

Pavani said...

laadu,s look yummy that too with mangos

Anonymous said...

ur recipes are different this laddo looking different & yummy... really tempting.... peas soup is very nice & loking great medha

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria