- ► 2009 (31)
- Rabri Falooda
- Daring Bakers November 2008 - Caramel Cake
- Masala Idli
- Capsicum Bhaajji/ Dry Capsicum Curry
- Egg Muffins
- Corn Salad
- Atte Ja Ladoo / Wheat Flour Ladoo
- Masala Bread For a Good Cause
- Aloo Gobi ki Tehari
- Masoor Dal
- Vegetable Cutlets
- Vegetable Soup
- Karao / Wheat Flour Halwa
- Palak Roti / Spinach Roti
- Phool Tapasha / Lotus Seeds Curry
- Baked Veggie Squares
- Macaroni Salad
- Peach Crumble
- Gobi Parantha / Cauliflower Parantha
- Kaju Paneer / Cashew Paneer
- Sindhi Pakoda/Vegetable Pakoda
- Pea Soup
- Mango Coconut laddu
- Earl Grey Tea Loaf
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Quick Mushroom Gravy
- Chappa - Potato Channa dal Pattice
- Honey Dijon Dressing
- ▼ November (30)
Pongal is comfort food and so easy to make who does not like it. I never liked it but now I love it, I do prefer the sweet pongal but this one is a regular now. You can have this with a spicy onion subzi or raita. We had it with some onion, cucumber raita.
1/3 cups split moong dal
3/4 cup rice
1/4 cup grated coconut (Fresh or frozen)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp black pepper
5 curry leaves
2 green chilies
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
- Mix the dal and rice together. Soak in water for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, black pepper, green chilies. Cook for a minute.
- Drain the dal and rice and add it. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add about 6 cups of water, coconut and salt.
- Wait for 2 whistles. Release the pressure naturally.
- Serve with raita.
Off this goes to Srivalli's Rice Mela.
10th day of RM2
Check out what other members cooked today.